Bob Brawn was elected in 2017 as a Councillor for the Blairgowrie and Glens ward, alongside Cllr Caroline Shiers . Having run the local shop and Post Office with his wife for the last fourteen years, Bob is well-placed to appreciate the changing concerns of the local community. Whether it be the state of the roads, concerns over education or local health issues, public transport or something more personal, people know there is a friendly ear to listen and they will receive a calm and fair-minded response. They know their worries will not be ignored but taken on board to pursue the best result.
Bob writes: "There comes a time for change and that time is now.
"I believe in two principles- firstly that we are a community with a local authority and not the other way round, and, secondly that I am elected to represent all residents in our Ward, not just those who voted for me.
My priorities for Blairgowrie and Glens
1. Opposing housing overdevelopment. Ensuring local infrastructure can cope with any expansion.
2. Campaigning to ensure that all children are given the best education. Ensuring open spaces are well maintained to encourage active recreation.
3. Minimising Council Tax burden on family budgets whilst delivering efficient services.
4.Supporting businesses to expand. Lobbying for improving Broadband in rural areas.
5. Ensuring our roads are improved. Addressing speeding issues in rural and residential areas.
6. Standing up to the SNP and opposing a second, divisive, independence referendum. "