Ian James was elected to the Council in 2017.
Ian writes; "I am delighted to have been elected as one of the two Conservative and Unionist Councillors for the Strathtay ward. Living and working in Perth and Kinross, I am very passionate about the area and decided that if I wanted to see changes, rather than complain about them, I should stand up to be counted - and that is what I will continue to do.
"I am unhappy about the former SNP-run Council's waste of public money and lack of investment in the things that matter. Their focus was on spending money on projects such as expensive new Council chambers in Perth whilst increasing our Council tax. I believe this is unacceptable.
"I make no promises of being able to change things overnight. What I do promise, is that I will represent everyone fairly and I will seek to influence the Council to ensure that the Strathtay ward gets its share of investment in infrastructure, education and healthcare.
My priorities for Strathtay
1. Opposing housing overdevelopment. Seeking to minimise disruption
to communities where development takes place
2. Campaigning to ensure that all children are given the best
education and letting teachers get on with their jobs. Ensuring active
recreation for our young people to keep them fit and healthy.
3. Minimising the Council Tax burden on family budgets and
delivering efficient services.
4. Supporting business expansion and calling for better Broadband in
5. Listening to small communities and ensuring they are well represented.
6. Opposing a second, divisive independence referendum "