Anne Jarvis was elected as Councillor for the Strathtay Ward in 2017.
Anne writes: "I am delighted to have been elected to serve Strathtay. I have lived here for more than 3 years having moved to Perth and Kinross to be nearer my family.
"Formerly a long-serving councillor in East Dunbartonshire I look forward to using this experience to speak up for Strathtay residents whose voices, people tell me, have not been heard often enough in the Council chamber.
"My promise to you is to always act in the best interests of everyone in Strathtay. Both rural and urban areas' voices will be heard loudly in the Council chamber.
"The SNP group have raised council tax by 2%. There is a double whammy to hard-working residents who own mid and larger size homes who face additional rises of up to 22%.
"From Almondbank to Dunkeld, communities are suffering from development, where disruption to residents is never considered. I will fight for those communities.
"The SNP government calls for yet another referendum; this, despite Scotland saying NO to independence. The message I get on the doorstep is NO to another referendum.
"I look forward to continuing the fight to put the focus back onto our community.
"My priorities for Strathtay
1. Opposing housing overdevelopment. Seeking to minimise disruption
to communities where development takes place
2. Campaigning to ensure that all children are given the best
education and letting teachers get on with their jobs. Ensuring active
recreation for our young people to keep them fit and healthy.
3. Minimising the Council Tax burden on family budgets and
delivering efficient services.
4. Supporting business expansion and calling for better Broadband in
5. Listening to small communities and ensuring they are well represented.
6. Opposing a second, divisive independence referendum "